The Ocean City Board of Education picked Joe Clark to serves as its president in a unanimous vote Wednesday night at its reorganization meeting.
Clark was the only board member nominated for the post.
Clark, 55, is the purchasing manager for the City of Ocean City and is in the final year of his second term on the board. He led the board team that negotiated contracts with district staff.
Clark succeeds Brenda Moiso as president. Moiso did not seek re-election after serving on the board since 2004.
The board also chose Tom Oves to serve as vice president in another unanimous vote. Oves, 50, is a retired teacher and runs a family business on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
Newly elected board members — Jon D. Batistini, Raymond M. Clark and Peter V. Madden for three-year terms and Cecilia Gallelli-Keyes for a one-year unexpired term — took the oath of office at the meeting.
Appointed Ocean City board representatives from Upper Township — Kim Breckley, Jill Casaccio and William Holmes — also took the oath of office.
TERMS OF BOARD MEMBERS:
- Joseph S. Clark, Jr. Term Expires in 2015
- J. Tiffany Prettyman Term Expires in 2015
- H. James Bauer Term Expires in 2016
- Cecilia Gallelli-Keyes Term Expires in 2016
- Jacqueline A. McAlister Term Expires in 2016
- Thomas R. Oves, Jr. Term Expires in 2016
- Jon D. Batistini Term Expires in 2017
- Raymond M. Clark Term Expires in 2017
- Peter V. Madden Term Expires in 2017