At the start of Thursday night’s meeting, Ocean City
Business Administrator Mike Dattilo announced the city, the Army Corps and the
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection had finalized a deal to move
forward with the Ocean City portion of the multi-town project.
The city must first obtain all the easements.
Earlier this year, the city announced that it still needed to obtain 10 easements to proceed with a beach replenishment project between 34th Street and Corson's Inlet State Park.
At the time, City Solicitor Dorothy McCrosson said the city expected that number to drop. Prior to Thursday night’s meeting, that number was down to 11, it had been further reduced by the start of the meeting.
Last summer, that number was up to 100.
McCrosson said the city would begin negotiations with the seven holdouts.
The towns included in the project are Ocean City, Strathmere and Sea Isle City.