January 17, 2014
A few quick updates:
- I will present the Administration’s recommended 2014 operating budget to City Council on January 23, 2014. I plan to present a lean but responsible budget that maintains the level of services that our residents, property owners and visitors expect.
- The Administration will present City Council with our recommended Capital Improvement Plan on February 13, 2014, along with a funding ordinance for their consideration. The plan will continue an aggressive approach to much needed infrastructure improvements.
- The Administration will ask City Council to authorize going to bid for the Merion Park road and drainage improvements at the same meeting on February 13th.
- The boardwalk replacement project in the 500 block remains on schedule for a spring completion. Sections of decking that have been constructed off site will begin to be installed shortly.
- The restoration of the ground floor of City Hall remains on schedule for a March completion.
- The repaving of 7th and 8th Streets and associated drainage improvements remains significantly behind schedule. We are doing everything we can to expedite the completion of this project.
- I continue to discuss the possible location of the new skate park with a committee from City Council. I believe we will reach a consensus on the location shortly.
- We continue to explore every viable option for further bayfront / lagoon dredging, including the work that was not completed last year and Snug Harbor. Accomplishing this will require the disposal site under Route 52 to be enlarged. Permitting for this is underway.
- We continue to attempt to clarify the Army Corps’ schedule for beach replenishment in the south end
Jay A. Gillian