Ocean City voters went to the polls on Tuesday to select candidates for offices from the local Board of Education to the president of the United States.
In the federal and state races (overall):
- Incumbents Barack Obama and Joe Biden (D) defeated Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan (R) in the presidential race.
- Incumbent Robert Menendez (D) defeated Joe Kyrillos (R) for U.S. Senate.
- Incumbent Frank A. LoBiondo (R) defeated Cassandra Shober (D) in the House of Representatives race.
- Susan Sheppard (R) defeated Jeffrey Sutherland (D) for Cape May County surrogate.
- Leonard Desiderio (R) defeated Walter Deegan (D) for Cape May County freeholder.
- The Building Our Future Bond Act passed with "yes" votes winning statewide.
- Requiring judges to contribute to employee benefits passed with "yes" votes winning statewide.
The following unofficial results are for Ocean City voters only. See how Ocean City cast its ballots in the larger races (and in its own school board election).
General Election CandidatesRace Democratic Candidate Results Republican Candidate Results U.S. President Barack Obama 2,318 Mitt Romney 3,253 U.S. Senate Robert Menendez 2,172 Joe Kyrillos 2,842 Congressional Cassandra Shober 1,524 Frank A. LoBiondo
3,525 County Surrogate Jeffrey H. Sutherland
1,624 M. Susan Sheppard
3,334 County Freeholder Walter Deegan
1,551 Leonard C. Desiderio
Public QuestionsQuestion Yes No Question No. 1: Building Our Future Bond Act 2,261 3,961 Question No. 2: Constitutional Amendment Allowing Contributions to Be Taken From Justices' and Judges' Salaries for Their Employee Benefits 3,171 3,946
O.C. Board of Education CandidatesFull 3-year Term
(Vote for Three) Results Thomas R. Oves, Jr. 3,326 H. James Bauer 2,198 Jacqueline A. McAlister 2,412 Peter V. Madden 2,092 Unexpired 2-Year Term
(Vote for One) J. Tiffany Prettyman 3,249