- SKATE PARK: A City Council committee has met with members of Mayor Jay Gillian's administration to discuss plans for rebuilding a skateboard park in Ocean City, and they will meet again next week to consider appropriate sites. Once a location is determined, the skating public will be invited to help provide input on the design of the park.
- 10TH STREET MARINA PLAN: City Council unanimously approved the second reading of an ordinance that corrects a clerical error on a redevelopment plan for a proposed marina, fuel dock and restaurant on the bay near 10th Street. Council first approved the plan in November.
- FALL ROAD IMPROVEMENTS: City Council voted to approve a $1.2 million contract with GWP Enterprises of Williamstown to repair and repave the following streets: Stenton Place, Pelham Place, Arkansas Avenue, Bayshore Drive, Pinewood Drive, Windsor Drive, 1100 block (east side) Simpson Avenue, 11th Street (from Bay Avenue to the Simpson/Haven alley, including significant drainage improvements), 12th Street (Bay Avenue to Simpson Avenue, south side).
- BOARDWALK REPAIR AT 22ND STREET: City Council voted to approve a $16,500 contract for R.A. Walters and Sons of Cape May Court House to repair the substructure of the Ocean City Boardwalk at 22nd Street, including 27 new pilings. Hardwood decking will be preserved for re-use.
- SPECIAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT BUDGET: Council gave final approval to a $343,588 budget for Ocean City's three Special Improvement Districts. The budget is funded largely through a special levy on businesses within the three districts (Boardwalk, Downtown, Ninth Street Gateway). It is used to improve and market the commercial districts and promote special events (see more information on 2014 plans).
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something