- EAGLE SCOUT HONORED: City Council will recognize Anthony Wilent of Ocean City's Boy Scout Troop 32 for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
- 2014 MUNICIPAL BUDGET INTRODUCED: In a special presentation at the beginning of the meeting, City Council and the public will get a first glimpse at the 2014 municipal budget proposed by Mayor Jay Gillian's administration. The introduction is the first step in a process that leads to the final approval of a budget in the spring.
- MORE ZONING RELIEF: City Council will consider another in a series of revised zoning ordinances designed to make it easier for residents to build and rebuild after Superstorm Sandy. See the City Council Agenda Packet for more detail on all the proposed revisions.
- MUSIC PIER HEATING AND COOLING: City Council will vote to approve a $183,000 contract with Air Control Technology of West Berlin to replace the HVAC system on the Ocean City Music Pier. Because outdoor units are subject to salt air, they have a shorter life span. But a special treatment is expected to give them a longer life.
- APPOINTMENTS: City Council will vote to appoint Donna Moore and James Tweed to the Environmental Commission; Holly Buck and Rosalyn Lifshin to the Tourist Development Commission; Dustin Peters and Constance Pritchard to the Library Board of Trustees; and to reappoint Jack Brooks to the Ocean City Lifeguard Pension Commission.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something