- Audit Report: An independent agency will report on a required annual audit of Ocean City's finances. Last year, Leon Costello of Ford-Scott & Associates, LLC called Ocean City "a model of consistency." His report found no significant deficiencies and made no formal recommendations for remediation.
- Amended Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance: City Council will consider the first reading of an amended flood damage prevention ordinance. The proposed changes will let the city use the less restrictive FEMA flood maps released on Aug. 27 or the "best available flood hazard data" (as revisions are made). The maps determine required elevations for new or substantially reconstructed homes in Ocean City. See Agenda Packet for complete text of ordinance.
- Smoke-Free Parks in Ocean City: City Council will consider the first reading of an ordinance banning the use of tobacco products at city parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities. See Agenda Packet for list of specific locations.
- Elevations in X Zones: The new FEMA preliminary work maps for flood elevations put some areas of Ocean City in the least restrictive 'X Zones.' A proposed ordinance would apply Ocean City's "base flood elevation plus two feet" guideline to the X zones.
- "No Turn on Red" at 29th Street and West Avenue: City Council will vote on the second and potentially final reading of an ordinance that will prohibit right turns on red for cars heading south toward 34th Street on West Avenue and turning right toward Bay Avenue.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something