City Council has a full agenda for its public meeting 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, at the Ocean City Free Public Library and will consider an ordinance that would require Ocean City homes to be built above storm flood levels.
But here are five other agenda items that might be of interest:
- City Council will honor the members of Boy Scouts Troop 32 who achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in 2012: Keith Kemenosh, Evan Sheridan and Joseph Tordella.
- City Council will vote on the second and potentially final reading of an ordinance intended to expand permitted uses in the Drive-In Business (DB) Zone centered on West Avenue on either side of Ninth Street. The measure keeps all existing businesses as conforming uses (see attached PDF for supporting documentation and complete text of ordinance).
- City Council will vote to advertise for bids on bulkhead repairs at Marcus Harbor, 16th Street and Battersea Road. The work will include curb, sidewalk and drainage improvements.
- City Council will vote to award a $306,000 contract to Luzon, Inc., of Sewell, N.J., to clean contaminated soil from underground storage tanks at various locations, including the vehicle maintenance facility at 11th Street and Haven Avenue. The tanks have long been unused.
- City Council will vote to appoint Chuck Bangle and Frank Shoemaker to the Ocean City Tourist Development Commission. Bangle is a co-owner of Manco & Manco Pizza, and Shoemaker works with Berger Realty.