- 10th Street Marina Plan: City Council in November gave final approval to a redevelopment plan that changes zoning to accommodate a proposed marina, fuel dock and restaurant on the bay near 10th Street. But the ordinance that council passed included a clerical error. A new ordinance under consideration on Monday corrects the error.
- Second Street Outfall Pipe: City Council will consider a resolution awarding a $201,000 contract to Ocean Construction LLC of Marmora to replace the outfall pipe on the beach at Second Street. The new pipe will have triple the capacity of the old one and could help alleviate flooding on nearby streets.
- Summer Soccer Camps: The Ocean City Nor'easters amateur soccer club was the sole bidder for using public fields to run summer soccer camps. City Council will vote to approve a contract that calls for the Nor'easters to pay $1,850 per week for the use of city facilities.
- Shared Dispatch Services: City Council will vote to continue a shared services agreement with Upper Township for emergency dispatch calls. Upper Township will pay Ocean City about $223,000 in 2014 and similar amounts in the following four years for providing the services. A separate resolution asks City Council to approve $32,000 for improved dispatch software.
- Commission Appointments: City Council will consider resolutions appointing Randy Clark, Mikenzie Helphenstine, Don Hepner, Bonnie Hyson, Catherine Kline, William Parker and John Zaborowski to the Advisory Council on Physical Fitness and Sports; Joe Clark, Michael Lehman and Mary Louise Hayes to the Shade Tree Committee; and Frank Donato to the Ocean City Lifeguard Pension Commission.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something