For the first year in a new program, the Ocean City Policemen's Benevolent Association Local No. 61 is recognizing city employees "who turn it 'UP' and go above and beyond the requirements of their daily tasks.
The local PBA launched its "Team Up" campaign as a small way to recognize these city employees.
"Throughout the year, their commitment and support of fellow team members enable us to provide a better quality of service throughout our community," the PBA said in a news release.
PBA members made recommendations to the PBA Executive Board, and the first recipients of the PBA Local 61 Team 'Up' Team Recognition Award are as follows:
- Fran Ianacio: Public Works
- Ruth Ann Vanderpool: Financial Management
- Judy Gayle: Financial Management
- Rose Savastano: Chamber of Commerce
- Kim Davies: Crossing Guard
- Vicki Ballezzi: Administration
- Georgia Arnold: Administration
- Doris Hartman: Financial Management
- Andy Kuperstein: Operations and Maintenance
- James Toto: Operations and Maintenance
- Joe Berenato: Public Works
- Kenneth Jones: Zoning