Gov. Chris Christie says he understands victims' frustrations a year after Hurricane Sandy but maintains that his administration isn't to blame for delays in aid reaching victims, according to an Associated Press story on nj.com.
In an interview with The Associated Press as the anniversary of the Oct. 29 megastorm approaches, Christie blamed Congress, which took three months to approve a $50.7 billion relief package for the region, and a thicket of red tape put in place to prevent the type of fraud that occurred after Hurricane Katrina.
"We've done everything we possibly can, and I think in the immediate aftermath did a very good job," Christie told the AP. "Since then, we've kind of been hostage to two situations, the delay in the aid itself and then what I call the 'Katrina factor,' which is the much more detailed and difficult rules surrounding the distribution of the aid."
To read complete story, click on hyperlink above.
What do you think of the governor saying delays in Sandy aid are all the fault of the federal government? Are you still waiting for money to renovate or elevate your Sandy-flooded home? Who do you blame? Please tell us in the Comments section below.