This week's "Then and Now" features , located on the northeast corner of Eighth Street and Central Avenue.
St. Peter's was established in October 1880 and was named the St. Peter’s Methodist Episcopal Church of Ocean City. Later the name was changed to the First Methodist Episcopal Church and at its 100th Anniversary in 1980, renamed St. Peter’s United Methodist Church of Ocean City.
In the first image, the congregation's original house of worship, built in 1890, is shown circa 1900.
The second image shows the current church under construction during the cornerstone laying ceremony in 1908. The dedication services were held on July 4, 1909.
The third image shows St Peter's as it appears today after 103 years.
To see more historical photos of Ocean City, visit the Ocean City Historical Museum in the at 1735 Simpson Ave.