This week's "Then and Now" features a few famous Ocean City landmarks: the Boardwalk, and .
The first image is a view looking north from Ninth Street and the Boardwalk in the summer of 1928. It was the first summer for the newly rebuilt Boardwalk. The original Boardwalk was located about 1000 feet back from where it stands today and was destroyed in a fire in October 1927. Looking down the Boardwalk, there is a sign for the Strand movie theater that was showing Four Walls starring John Gilbert. The Music Pier was under construction, billed as the Concert Hall and Civic Building beyond the ocean-side pavilions.
In the second image 83 years later, the view from Ninth Street and the Boardwalk hasn't changed all that much. Thousands of visitors flock to Shriver's every year. The pavilions have been washed away by storms and replaced with dunes thanks to beach replenishment projects. The Music Pier hosts a variety of performances and city events year-round.
To see more historical photos of Ocean City, visit the located in the at 1735 Simpson Avenue.