If you're looking for gift ideas this month, consider wrapping up a bit of the beach and Boardwalk for the people on your list who love Ocean City.
A growing number of Ocean City businesses are offering online shopping. Here's a (by no means comprehensive) collection of links. If you have recommendations for other sites selling Ocean City merchandise online, please add them in the comments section below.
- First Night buttons: All-inclusive First Night admission buttons for Ocean City's family New Year's Eve celebration are available for purchase online for $15 apiece.
- Seasonal beach tags: Seasonal tags for summer 2013 are available for the discounted price of $20 until May 31. Why not help somebody get it out of the way early? The City of Ocean City's online store was still closed as of Nov. 26, but check back soon to make purchases in time for the holiday.
- Ride tickets: A book of 25 tickets for rides at Gillian's Wonderland Pier (and at Gillian's Funland in Sea Isle City) is on sale for half-price at $10. Discounted water park, mini-golf passes and Christmas ornaments are also available at the Gillian's online store. Discounted ride tickets for Playland's Castaway Cove, go-karts and mini-golf are available at Playland's online store.
- A 'Boardwalk Basket:' For the past few years, the “Boardwalk Baskets” from the Ocean City Coffee Company have been a hit. They include Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, Crazy Susan’s Cookies, Johnson’s Popcorn and O.C. Coffee, plus a few other things. shop.oceancitycoffee.com
- Johnson's Popcorn: What better way to give friends and family a taste of summer than with a tub of the legendary caramel popcorn. Prices include shipping and gift-wrapping is available. johnsonspopcorn.com/
- Macaroons: Order the signature treats from George's Candies or browse gift baskets of candy. georgescandies.com
- Salt Water Taffy: The century-old staple of Boardwalk cuisine from Shriver's is available for shipping. shrivers.com
- Ocean City Magazine: Subscriptions are just $21.40 for six issues of the lifestyle magazine that features great photography, stories, event information and some fun features. ocnjmagazine.com
- Clam Drain: A variation of the old shell-toss game could be hot again in summer 2013. If you purchase in November, proceeds will go to OCNJ CARE storm relief efforts. Buy Clam Drain at etsy.
- Beach Tag Towel: Young entrepreneur Justin Juliano designed a beach towel featuring designs of Ocean City beach tags through history. His product is available at tagrupdesigns.com.
- Laura's Fudge: Laura's can ship a variety of fudge and other specialty treats anywhere in the country. Call 609-399-0616.
- Sailing Lessons and Merchandise: The Ocean City Sailing Foundation, which operates out of the Bayside Center in the summer, is offering gift certificates for discounted sailing lessons and merchandise. ocsailingfoundation.org