For the past 39 years, Martin has seen his shadow and summer has indeed arrived early. Once, he only saw a partial shadow and summer arrived 3 ½ days ahead of time.
The Ocean City High School Band will play Pomp and Circumstance to herald his arrival.
A bevy of celebrities will join the procession. They include:
- former City Commissioner Marilyn Moore who, with Mayor Tom Waldman and Commissioner Luther Wallace, sanctioned the first event;
- Suzanne Muldowney, as Shelley the Mermaid, will sing “Some Enchanted Morning” before Martin enters the Circle of Truth;
- Dr. Fernando Frankenstein and Nurse Perfect will check Martin’s vital signs to ensure he is healthy enough to creep;
- Doug Jewell, the Ocean City Pirate, will provide Security;
- Big Mama Llama of Bready Farms will shake her head when and if Martin sees his shadow; and
- Mr. Mature America 2014 Frank Faralli and former TV anchorman, Dick Sheeran, who covered Martin’s early exploits, will also attend.
- Small replicas of Martin will be given away to mark the occasion.
Much more will transpire. For information, call 609-525-9300.