Wawa on 1200 Block of West Avenue Reopens
The store had been closed for repair of storm damage since Superstorm Sandy struck on Oct. 29.
The Wawa food market on the 1200 block of West Avenue reopened on Thursday, and for the next eight days customers can enjoy a free coffee promotion.
The Wawa location had been closed after receiving substantial flood damage during Superstorm Sandy on Oct. 29, 2012.
The store is giving away free coffee (limit one per customer with purchase) as part of its reopening celebration.
In the aftermath of Sandy, Wawa took the opportunity to redesign seven stores on the Jersey Shore that were closed due to the storm’s impact.
The stores were reconstructed with new features that include:
- New food service layout and food service innovations including built-to-order milk shakes and in-store ovens to bake rolls
- Interior components brought up to new brand standards — including new tile throughout food service and beverage area
- Newly designed Express Cases
- All cabinetry and refrigeration cases upgraded and replaced
The 10-day reopening promotion includes:
- Free Coffee – Any Size
- $2.99 Shorti – Any Variety
- $.89 Fountain Drink – Any Size
In addition, Wawa will further its ongoing commitment to aiding in the local relief effort by making a $1,000 donation per store to the Feeding America Food Bank located in each specific community.