The Dog Shack Opens on Boardwalk
The shop specializes in hot dogs and hamburgers.
Serving hot dogs and hamburgers with a twist, the Dog Shack is open at 1136 Boardwalk
Co-owners Bill Campbell and Nick Stinziani were having a Fourth of July barbecue last summer when they realized that the town was missing something they would love to see — a shop specializing in unique hot dogs and hamburgers.
"The primary concept is to serve fresh and never-frozen products and bring that fresh approach to the business," Campbell says. "We serve 100-percent angus beef hot dogs and burgers. We aren't doing it to reinvent the hot dog, but to make it better."
"Our goal is to get our name out there and have people try our products and hopefully we will become a successful long-term establishment on the Boardwalk."
The shop sells regular hot dogs on buns, called naked dogs, but the specialty dogs are what people are lining up for. The Hawaiian and the Californian are two of the most popular hot dogs and have become the signature dogs for the shop.
Stinziani makes pineapple salsa in a sweet-and-sour combination to top the dog for the Hawaiian, where the Californian has avocado and bacon.
"We opened in Ocean City because I have been coming here since I was a baby, and it's nice to relive my childhood memories," Stinziani says.
Below is a menu sample of the shop's dogs and burgers. Prices subject to change.
- Naked Dog: $3.75
- Jersey Dog (Jersey Spicy Corn Relish and Crispy Bacon): $4.75
- Philly Dog (Cheese Wiz, Onions, and Shack Chili): $5.25
- Carolina Dog (Cole Slaw and Sweet Onions): $4.25
- Cheesy Coney Dog (Chili, Chopped Onions and Cheddar Cheese): $4.75
- Dare Devil Dog (Cheddar, Sport Peppers, Jalepeno Peppers, and Harrissa Hot Sauce): $4
- Falafel (Chickpea Patty with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato and Harrissa Hot Sauce
- Double Burger with Cheese: $6
- House Made Potato Chips: $3
Visit the shop at 1136 Boardwalk between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m.