Ocean City Air Show Draws Thousands of Spectators
The Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow enjoyed spectacular September weather.
Thousands of Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow spectators jammed the Ocean City Boardwalk and downtown beaches on Sunday to catch a glimpse of a two-hour display of airplane stunts and maneuvers.
The show took place over the Atlantic Ocean just off the beach and Boardwalk between Sixth and 14th streets. Blue skies, light winds and warm September weather made for a perfect day for the oceanfront event.
Check out our gallery of photos and videos above.
The show was made possible, in part, by the sponsorship of the Ocean City Tourism Development Commission and the Ocean City Board of Realtors and included a ceremonial check-passing of $5,000.
Featured performances included:
- North East Raiders Formation Team
- Andrew McKenna T-6 Aerobatics
- F16 Four-Ship Flyby from the local Air National Guard 177th Fighter Wing
- U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Swimmer Demonstration
- OCHS alumni (1995), U.S. Navy Lieutenant Commander Ben Charles doing a flyby in an F-18 Super Hornet.
- Jason Flood Pitts Demo (A year after a near-fatal crash, Flood is back in the cockpit.)
- SNJ T-6 Formation Flights
- Kevin Russo SNJ-6 Aerobatics
- Gary Ward MX2 Aerobatics
- Twin Tiger Aerobatic Team