Jennie Kerbeck Wins Miss Night In Venice Title
The event helps raise money for local charities.
Jennie Kerbeck won the title of Miss Night in Venice 2012 by successfully raising the most money for local scholarships.
Caroline Bowman was first runner-up, and April Stein was second runner-up.
Twelve girls competed for the crown. The public picks the winner by donating to charity at local businesses. They vote by dropping money into donation buckets bearing their favorite candidate's photograph.
Proceeds benefit the Ocean City High School After-Prom, the HERO Campaign for designated driving, the Sunshine Foundation and Shore Memorial Hospital nursing scholarships.
- Allison Abramowitz: Boyar's Market
- Caroline Bowman: Johnson's Popcorn
- Jessica Costello: Shriver's Salt Water Taffy
- Chloe Fama: Uncle Bill's Pancake House
- Lyndsey Jackson: Grace Realty
- Jennie Kerbeck: Gabriel Building Group (461 West Avenue)
- Brittany Lane: Gillian's Wonderland Pier
- Ashlyn Laveson: Sack O' Subs
- Megan Reilly: Obadiah's and Yesterday's
- Kaitlyn Saal-Ridpath: Wards Pastry
- Michele Snyder: Peace, Love & Yogurt
- April Stein: Bongo Cafe & Grill
The winner was crowned Wednesday evening at the Ocean City Music Pier after the contestants rode in convertibles from Fifth Street to 14th Street on the Boardwalk in a 6 p.m. parade.
Miss Night in Venice 2012 and her court will appear in the Night in Venice boat parade that starts 6 p.m. on Saturday, July 28, and covers Ocean City's bayfront from the Ocean City-Longport Bridge to Tennessee Avenue.