It's Weird Contest Week in Ocean City
The free events are open to families and individuals who like to play with their food, make noise and have fun.
Food sculptors, ear-wigglers and noisemakers are invited to gather every morning this week on the Ocean City Music Pier for the annual Weird Contest Week.
The free family events start at 11 a.m. every day from Monday through Friday, Aug. 13 to 17. Prizes are awarded in age divisions that include: 5-and-under, 6-8, 9-12, teens and adults.
The Weird Contest Week event schedule is as follows:
- Monday: Saltwater Taffy Sculpting sponsored by Shriver's.
- Tuesday: French Fry Sculpting sponsored by Promenade.
- Wednesday: Cookie Sculpting. A bonus contest — Ears Looking At You —is for folks who like to wiggle their ears.
- Thursday: Paper-Clip Sculpting
- Friday: Little Miss and Little Mr. Chaos includes children ages 3 to 5 equipped with pots and pans competing to make as much noise as possible in three minutes. Mr. and Miss Miscellaneous includes "those who have always wanted to compete in a talent contest, but maybe missed the bus or got stuck at a rugby game."
For more information, call (609) 525-9300. The Music Pier is on the Boardwalk between Eighth and Ninth streets.