Historical Images: OCBP's Downtown Headquarters
Our weekly feature includes photographs from the Ocean City Historical Museum collection and from the modern era.
This week's "Then and Now" features the Ocean City Beach Patrol's headquarters on the Boardwalk at 10th Street.
The building in the first image was built by Jack Jernee in 1928, following the 1927 fire when the boardwalk was rebuilt a block closer to the ocean. It was destroyed in the nor’easter that struck in March 1962.
Today, the Beach Patrol's Second Zone headquarters is located on the Boardwalk at 12th Street. The building was constructed by the city in 2004 and also houses a first-aid station and restrooms for the public.