Fourth of July Fireworks and Parades in Ocean City
Independence Day celebrations in Ocean City include fireworks, two bike parades and a kite-flying contest.
If you're planning to be in Ocean City for the holiday weekend, here's what you need to know about the Fourth of July events schedule:
- Fireworks: Ocean City's fireworks display starts at 9:30 p.m. Monday, July 4. The display will be fired from a barge in the ocean off the Music Pier (between Eighth and Ninth streets on the Boardwalk). Music will piped through speakers on the Boardwalk and Asbury Avenue shopping district to accompany the display. The same music will be simulcast on WIBG-FM 94.3.
- Bike Parades: In Ocean City, kids don't watch the Fourth of July Parade—they ARE the parade. Two bicycle parades—one at each end of the island—are scheduled for Monday morning (July 4). The South Ocean City Parade begins at 40th Street and Asbury Avenue at 10 a.m. with registration starting at 9 a.m. The Gardens Civic Association Bike Parade forms at 10 a.m. at the base of the Ocean City-Longport Bridge. Registration is 9 a.m.
- Kite-Flying Contest: Air Circus will sponsor a kite-flying contest on the beach at Ninth Street at approximately 5 p.m. on Monday, July 4.
Here are some of the event highlights from the rest of the holiday weekend:
- Sunday, July 3: The Ocean City Pops Orchestra and the Ocean City Theatre Company present The Music Man. The 7:30 p.m. show will be performed at the Hughes Performing Arts Center at Ocean City High School, Sixth Street and Atlantic Avenue. Additional performances are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. July 5 and 6 with a matinee at 2 p.m. July 6. Tickets are available at the Music Pier Box Office, 609-525-9248, or from ocnj.us.
- Sunday, July 3: The Ocean City Nor'easters amateur soccer team plays Bermuda Hogges in Premier Development League action 6 p.m. at Ocean City High School's Carey Stadium. Adults $6, Youth $4. For information, call 609-525-9999 or visit oceancityfc.com. Special events include a hot dog eating contest, speed shot with prizes and a U.S. quiz with prizes throughout the game.
- Sunday, July 3: The Philadelphia Organ Quartet performs a concert at the Tabernacle, Fifth Street and Wesley Avenue. The 7 p.m. concert is free. Call 609-399-1915 for information.