Boardwalk Entertainment Schedule for the Week
Check out Mummers and Family NIght lineups for Aug. 7 and 9 and other weekly entertainment events in Ocean City.
Ocean City's lineup of themed entertainment continues this week with special events on the Boardwalk and the downtown.
All events happen on weekly schedule throughout the summer.
(Tuesdays through August)
7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7
- Pennsport String Band: 10th to 14th streets
- Kensington String Band: Sixth to 10th streets
(Thursdays through August)
7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Aug. 9
- Seventh Street: Shore Thing Band
- Eighth to 10th Streets: Stilt Walker
- Ninth Street: Karaoke with Faz
- 10th Street: 1,2,3, Draw —Local Rock Band
- 10th - 11th Streets: Jilly's DJ Party
- 11th Street Pavilion: Pictures with Santa, Air Circus
- 12th Street: Cape Shore Sweet Adelines
- 13th Street: Keith Hickman
Sponsored by Johnson's Popcorn
(Sundays through Aug. 19)
- 7 p.m.: Character "Meet & Greet" at the Ocean City Music Pier at 7 p.m. Ocean City's costumed mascots greet visitors and sign autographs.
- 7:30 p.m.: Character surrey parade down the Boardwalk
- All evening: Kids are encouraged to collect autographs from the participating mascots in a new Ocean City Passport Book. The passport-sized booklet is available for $5 at various Boardwalk stores. It includes pages for autographs and pages to stamp a collection of Boardwalk destinations.
- Characters include: Martin Z. Mollusk (Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce), Elmo (Shirt Shack), Preppy the Alligator (Prep’s Pizza), Fry Guy (Jilly’s French Fry Factory), Ice Guy (Rita’s Water Ice), Wonder Bear (Gillian’s Wonderland Pier), Pirate (Air Circus), Peace Bear (Peace, Love & Yogurt), Mr. Peanut (Boardwalk Peanut Shoppe), Mr. Taffy (Shriver’s), Mermaid and Fairy (Bad Kitty, The Henna Shop), Kangaroo (Ocean City Theatre Company), Angry Bird (Pessano’s Variety Shop), and Gorilla (Congo Falls mini golf).
Weekly events in the downtown shopping district on Asbury Avenue between Sixth and 11th streets include:
- Funtastic Tuesday: Every Tuesday morning from 10 a.m to 1 p.m., the Ocean City’s Retail Merchants Association will sponsor musical entertainment, face painters and balloon sculptors.
- Farmers Market: Every Wednesday from July through Sept. 12, the Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce sponsors a weekly Farmer’s Market. The market will be open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle grounds between Fifth and Sixth streets on Asbury Avenue.
- Market Days: Every Thursday morning from 10 a.m to 1 p.m., the Ocean City’s Retail Merchants Association will sponsor musical entertainment, face painters and balloon sculptors.
- Inn to Inn Tours: Trolley tours of Ocean City's historic inns will be every Thursday from July 5 through the end of August. The tours start at Seventh Street and Central Avenue at 2 p.m.